Saturday, July 08, 2006

Where is the UAW when they are needed most?

Where is the UAW?

With all that is going on between GM and Kirk Kerkorian in the past few weeks I have heard very little from the UAW or any of their off shoot factions (i.e., Soldiers of Solidarity - SOS).

Oh sure the Union folks have articles and comments on their web sites and blogs but why are they not taking one side or the other or even their own platform in the public? Stand for something – right or wrong, who cares but do something.

BE A VOICE NOT AN ECHO

Now is the Time


Here are a couple quotes from The Detroit Free Press:

RON GETTELFINGER

"I do trust that Rick Wagoner and his team can get this behind him as quickly as possible and stay focused on what they were really starting to make inroads on, and that's moving General Motors forward."
- President of the UAW

RICHARD INCROCCI

"I think at some point in time, with the blessing of the union or the involvement of the UAW, it could be a good thing. ... One thing I might be slightly concerned about is Kerkorian wanting to replace Wagoner with Ghosn. I think Wagoner is doing a fantastic job. People need to give him time to incorporate what his plans are and what he wants to do."
- UAW member and assembly-line worker at GM's plant in Arlington, Texas

I again ask --> Where is the UAW? You want new members; you want to be a player again? Then get out in the field and quit sitting in the bleachers yelling threats and comments. NOW IS THE TIME!



BE A VOICE NOT AN ECHO




OK, THEN DO IT!
NOTE : qualityg is not a union member or affiliated with any auto company.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a good question QualityG. I too wonder if they have lost touch with their membership.

I am a member of the CWA (Verizon) and I have no faith in my leadership since the break-up. Since then management has done what they want in every contract.