“We are extremely proud of the Cabrini Dream Mentor Program,” Jim Wasukanis said, in which students from eighth grade through 12th undergo “yearly intensive counseling” to help them determine a direction for higher education and career goals. CDMP Director Greg Campbell designed it,” he said. “As a result, scholarships have gone up from a few hundred thousand dollars in the past to $4 million for this year’s 100 graduates.”
In Addition - $207,750.00 Scholarship, Award and Contest dollars have been won through the CDMP Website as reported to Mr. Campbell. See the total under the "Data" Label. In addition, the CDMP Program has been instrumental in the amount of college/school scholarships offered to senior students over the past 8 years. The amount is over $20 million dollars.
For other newsworthy notes on the CDMp Program go here -
Newspaper Article -
Updated 1/22/15 - Presentation on the CDMP Process
As part of an all school (K-12) meeting with over 1000 people in attendance the CDMP Program was presented.
I would like to share with you a "unique" Mentoring Program that benefits students from 8th - 12th Grades.
If you are a high school student check out the College Info Link.
If you are a parent check out all the links.
If you are an educator or administrator check out the contact!
How did the Dream Mentor Begin?
The Dream Mentor program is a program that provided each student from eighth grade to twelve grades the opportunity to meet with a Dream Mentor to provide academic and occupational exploration prospects both inside and outside of the classroom.
What is the Purpose of the Dream Mentor Program?
The word “Dreams” provides a sense of comfort and confidentiality that is required when one is confiding trust and passion to another in hope reality can be achieved. The aim of the program will be to:
1. Fostering academic (thinking) development
2. Preparing students to be informed, caring, and productive citizens of society
3. Preparing students for higher education
4. Preparing students for the world of work.
What are the Goals and Objectives of the Dream Mentor Program?
· Help students find the joy in learning
· Provide students with academic and occupational exploration prospects both inside and
outside of the classroom.
· Assist students in discovering their abilities, talents and passions
· Aid students in creating short and long term educational plans
· Create a Dream Roadmap with student that follows the student from year to year based
on the student’s interests and goals.
· The roadmap will assist the student by identifying what he or she wants to accomplish
while in high school and in the future.
· The goal will be to meet with student at least three times a year
· Better chance of student going on to higher education
· Facilitate students with transition from grade to grade
What is the Process for the Dream Mentor Program?
CLICK ON PIC TO ENLARGE PROCESS FLOW
Go To http://www.dreammentorprogram.com/
Another You Tube Video (13 minute mark) that mention the CDMP program -