"I am convinced that absolute power is the result of absolute fear. Those in charge are more afraid of losing their control than actually controlling the person or situation."
Examples - In many instances the following applies:
- Politicians - Will sell their own souls to stay elected - qualityg says get a real job, lose it and then KMA... Afraid of special interest groups and the truth.
- CEOs - Will do anything to meet short term goals and quarterly wall street predictions - Afraid of their own 401Ks and the Board of Directors.
- Religion Leaders - Afraid of the big fella and no money in the collection plate.
- College Instructors - Always afraid that someone will call their bluffs about application of knowledge.
- Teachers - Afraid to leave classrooms.
- Educational Administrators - Afraid to leave their offices.
- Bullies - Afraid of their own shadows.
- ** Consultants (especially financial) - Afraid of slipping on all the shit they spew and leave behind for everyone else to pick up - aka better known as pigeons.