Monday, August 19, 2013

Team Tara - "Losing is NOT an Option"

Yesterday I ran in a race (MICHIGAN MARROW 5K WALK And FUN RUN) and was reflecting today while walking my dogs that I have run in a competitive race in the 1950s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s and now 2013. The range has been from 100 yards to a 26 mile marathon. I was not planning on running yesterday since I have not run in a race in over 10 years because of numerous wear and tear injuries (Ruptured Achilles Tendon, New ACL Construction, Meniscus Repair, Two Lower Back and Two Neck Herniated Discs, Shoulder Reconstruction, Toe Tendon Nerve Damage, Knee Nerve Damage, Calf Muscle Tears just to name a few that all are on the left side of my body except for the toe tendon damage on both feet).

However, how fortunate I am compared to the following… 

This post is about a young lady (my cousin) who just received a Bone Marrow Transfer 11 days ago who has been battling Leukemia for over 10 year and had been looking for a donor match for just as long. Because she was adopted and is Korean the search has been painstaking because of the lack of Donors from Minorities.

Please see the following link:

How can you not try and run and support her cause and the countless others that are hoping for a Donor Match. One person who was fortunate to have a Donor Match three years ago was a gentleman who approached me asking me about the Team Tara shirt I was wearing. His name is Craig Bowman and he is an instructor at Rochester College - http://www.rc.edu/academics/faculty/craig-bowman/



Craig related his story to me and educated me on the Bone Marrow process as well as how the next 100 days are critical for Tara. He wanted me to pass on his name to Tara and offer his willingness to talk to her at any time. Oh yes, Craig won a medal in the senior division.

Tara is posting her journey at this link - http://marrowmovement.com/thoughts/



Please keep Tara and other people waiting for a Donor in your prayers.

Like the Team Tara Shirt Says... "Losing is NOT an Option"


No comments: