Monday, April 17, 2006

Quality Leadership ? – Who Is He?---> He didn't understand leadership, he was abusive, he was arrogant, and he did not build a strong team.

After reading this Blog Title I wonder how many of you thought of your boss, maybe a sports coach, a politician or an educational administrator?

It still amazes me that these so-called leadership characteristics are so common today with many of our leaders. No wonder the American Management style that is taught in our leading universities and academies produces talent that, well stinks!

A boss of mine once said when posed with such a question. I have been promoted being this way, why should I change, look at where you are and where I am at, now who do you think has the better leadership qualities. As long as I am rewarded for my actions I will not change. This person is now a vice-president.

So who is the leader I am talking about?




Rumsfeld Vs. The Three Generals?


Retired
Army Major General John Batiste - "We went to war with a flawed plan that didn't account for the hard work to build the peace after we took down the regime. We also served under a secretary of Defense who didn't understand leadership, who was abusive, who was arrogant, who didn't build a strong team."

Retired
Army Major General John Riggs - "He has shown himself incompetent strategically, operationally and tactically, and is far more than anyone responsible for what has happened to our important mission in Iraq. ... Mr. Rumsfeld must step down."

Retired
Army Major General Paul Eaton - "He has shown himself incompetent strategically, operationally and tactically, and is far more than anyone responsible for what has happened to our important mission in Iraq. "Mr. Rumsfeld must step down."


qualityg says...
Wow - all Retired Generals. I have known a few generals in my time and most of them had the same qualities as Secretary Rumsfeld.


It really saddens me to know that people in such high positions who do not do what is morally or ethically correct when they hold power and then cry after the fact. Forget military rules and procedures, if you felt this way then do something when you had the power and don't give me this crap about only one voice. I'm not supporting Rumsfeld by any means, but how mant soldiers and parents want to read this garbage while we are at war and kids are dying.

As I stated above this is not just military problem, it is a "Leadership" problem. Too many "stooges" in high positions.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nyuk Nyuk!

Curly