Monday, October 08, 2007

What is Quality Knowledge?

qg says ...


Data + Information + Application = Knowledge (D+I+A=K)
add Listening + Observing = Wisdom (D+I+A=K + LO = W).

Heads up education and business leaders (hierarchy does not equal intelligence).

Example - I can go on the Internet and read a number of books on how to remodel my bathroom. I can even conduct a conversation that sounds like I know what I'm doing, and I can even spout off all the research about the modern bathroom that I gather from the Mr. Handyman shows on TV and radio.

However, I can predict to you in confidence that I wouldn't know the first step (well maybe, beat down the walls) in "actually" doing the job myself.

Remember, qg says:

"It is only through trial and error, listening, observing and application ("theory") that I gain the knowledge and wisdom to be able to do the job myself and then pass on my knowledge to others."
and
"KNOWLEDGE IS THE GREAT EQUALIZER"

To read more on knowledge go to my post at http://qualityg.blogspot.com/2006/12/leadership-knowledge-management-people.html

No comments: